Supervisors are the key to safety in the workplace.
Often, the responsibility falls on them to communicate health and safety information between management and frontline workers.
This course helps supervisors plan, organize, lead and control while providing safety training, resources, support and adequate supervision.
Safety & the Supervisor
|Course length||ASC Member Fee||Non-member Fee|
LOCATIONS AND DATES
July 27 & 28, 2016
THE BASICS & THE BENEFITS
This course aims to improve the supervisor’s regard for a safety culture – specifically in the safe knowledge, attitudes and behaviours of everyone in an organization.
At the end of this course, supervisors will be able to:
- Understand, create and enforce workplace health and safety programming;
- Fulfill legal requirements for health and safety;
- Know duties and those of employers and employees;
- Understand and perform due diligence;
- Lead using better time management and more effective communication;
- Properly train and coach workers in the safe performance of their duties;
- Conduct risk assessments and safety inspections;
Through a combination of discussion, exercises and lecture, the courses focuses on the role of supervisors in relation to legal requirements, occupational health and safety programs, effective leadership and risk assessment.
REGISTER BY PHONE:
Edmonton: (780) 462-7300 or Toll Free: 1 (800) 301-6407
REGISTER IN PERSON:
Visit our main office during regular office hours to register.
Pre-registration is required for all ASC courses.*
*(except childrens Scooter drop-in)
Cancellation / Re-schedule Policy
|more than 30 days before
course start date:
|30 days to 15 days before course
|Less than 14 days til
course start date:
|day of course:|
- you may re-schedule course
- any subsequent re-schedule is subject to
-cancellation is subject
- re-schedule is subject to a 25% admin fee
- cancellation is subject to a 25% admin fee
- not eligible for refund
- not eligible for re-schedule
| - a no-show is not eligible for
**The ASC reserves the right to cancel any course should there be insufficient registrations. A full refund of fees shall be made should circumstances beyond the ASC's control require a course cancellation.
**A stop-payment does not constitute notice of withdrawal from a course nor does it constitute a cancellation/refund request.